Direct Deposit and Payroll Allotment are the safest, fastest and easiest way to deposit your paycheck, Social Security, Veterans, or pension checks into your Checking or Share Savings Account.
With Direct Deposit, your money is available immediately and safe:
- The U. S. treasury reports more than a million lost or stolen mailed checks per year.
- More than 28 million Social Security recipients use Direct Deposit.
- Deposits are made consistently, when you are on vacation, working a shift or are away on business.
- Direct Depositors have account balances 7% higher than other account holders.
For this reason, the Electronic Funds Transfer Expansion Act recommends that all federal payments, except your IRS refund check, be issued by electronic funds transfer (EFT).
It affects anyone who receives:
- Veteran's Benefits
- Social Security
- Federal government /military pensions and salaries
If you are a new recipient of federal payments, you may elect to provide the account information needed to deliver your payments by direct deposit to an institution of your choice.
To set up Payroll Allotment, and distribute your paycheck to various accounts automatically, log-in to your Virtual Branch account. Alternatively, you can print out a Payroll Allotment Form to mail or drop off at any branch location, or fax to us at (301) 856-4061.
Direct Deposit Options for USPS Employees
PostalEASE is a telephone system that provides a convenient, confidential, and secure way to make your allotments or 'net direct deposit' choices for USPS employees.
With PostalEASE, you can…
- Begin the transfer of all your earnings (net direct deposit) to USPS FCU.
- Begin the transfer of a portion of your earnings to one or two financial institutions (allotments).
- Modify your current allotments or net direct deposit to USPS FCU.
- Your Social Security Number
- Your USPS Personal Identification Number
- Routing Number for USPS FCU (254075441)
- Your USPS FCU account number (Example: 123456(0)). The default routing for automated deposits is to your savings account, which is suffix 0.
To complete the process…
- Call PostalEASE toll-free at 1-877-4PS-EASE (1-877-477-3273)
- When prompted, select PostalEASE
- Enter your SSN and your USPS PIN
- Follow the script and prompts to complete the transaction.
After you complete your entries, you will hear and should write down the following: Confirmation number, processed date, and the date that these changes will take effect (a future payday). It is recommended that you keep this information. Should you have any trouble using PostalEASE, or if you are unable to use the telephone for any medical reason, you may sign in to LiteBlue and perform your requests online or you may contact your local personnel office for assistance. Your personnel office can also provide you with specific information concerning your USPS PIN, a copy of the USPS Privacy Act Statement and more information about the PostalEASE service.
Click on the liteblue logo to set up your allotment/direct deposit to USPS FCU online.
Direct Deposit Set-Up Information for Non-USPS Employees
You will need the following information when you set up your Direct Deposit with your human resources/payroll department:
- Routing number: 254075441
- Your basic account number (Example: 123456(0)
- The default routing for automated deposits is to your savings account, which is suffix 0.
- Account type: Checking or Savings
Look at the Advantages of Direct Deposit and Payroll Allotment:
- Easy access to your funds
- No deposit or check cashing trips
- Never wait in line again
- Never worry about a lost, stolen, or check delayed
- Save automatically
- Conveniently make loan payments
- Earn competitive dividends
- Allocate funds to your savings, club and checking accounts
- Funds are federally insured by NCUA up to $250,000