Federal Disaster Relief Program
USPS FCU offers assistance to our members who have been affected by major disasters. USPS FCU’s Federal Disaster Relief Program offers payment options on existing loans, provides a short-term loan up to $10,000 to help with expenses associated with the unexpected hardship, and more.
Areas impacted must be declared a major disaster by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). To verify the status of a declaration and to access additional disaster help and resources visit https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ or https://www.fema.gov/disasters. Other special restrictions may apply.
Emergency funds when needed the most:
- Loan amount up to $10,000
- Low interest rate of 4% APR*
- Terms up to 36 months
- Disaster Relief loan payments will be deferred for the first 90 days to provide more time before payments begin
More assistance with the disaster recovery
- Up to 90-day payment extensions on your existing USPS FCU loans1
- Waived penalty fees for early withdrawal from club accounts or share certificates - so additional funds are available when needed2
- Free supply of 50 checks to replace lost or damaged checks
- Free expedited replacement of VISA® Credit and Debit Cards
Although we can't replace what was lost, we are here and want to help our members rebuild and retain their financial strength. Contact us at 800-877-7328 for more details, or to apply for assistance.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate offer is subject to change depending on market conditions. Member must reside in an affected area that has been declared a major disaster. Member must contact the Credit Union within the first 90 days of the declaration date. Loans are subject to credit approval. No payments required for the first 90 days of the loan. Payment example: payments on $10,000 with a 36 month term at 4.00% APR would be approximately $298.00 (example excludes credit insurance). Limit up to $10,000 per individual member. USPS FCU reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.
1 Payment extensions can be arranged on existing USPS FCU consumer loans and credit cards. USPS FCU Mortgage loan payments can be extended, but the escrow payments have to remain up to date on real estate taxes and insurance. Interest will continue to accrue. All loan payments must be current in order to qualify for extensions. An extension agreement must be signed, returned, and approved by USPS FCU. Payments made prior to an approved extension will not be reversed. Deferment of loan payments that carry monthly credit insurance premiums may affect your claim benefits. Payments that were previously skipped on a loan with credit insurance may also affect your claim benefits. Contact the Credit Union for further details regarding loans with insurance. USPS FCU reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.
2IRA certificates will be assessed an IRS early withdrawal penalty if under the age of 59 1/2. Please consult with your tax advisor.