At USPS FCU our members' health, safety, and financial well-being are all valuable to us. We are closely monitoring the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak that is currently taking place. As a result, we are offering assistance to our members that are experiencing financial challenges due to the outbreak. Members may receive payment options on existing loans and a short-term loan up to $10,000 to help with expenses associated with this unexpected hardship.
Emergency funds when needed the most:
- Loan amount up to $10,000
- Low-interest rate of 4% APR*
- Terms up to 36 months
- Disaster Relief loan payments will be deferred for the first 90 days to provide more time before payments begin
Additional assistance we are providing:
- Up to 90-day payment extensions on your existing USPS FCU loans1
- Waiving penalty fees for early withdrawal from club accounts or share certificates - so additional funds are available when needed2
- Waiving all Shared Branching transactions3
- Waiving all Foreign ATM transaction fees3
We are here and want to help our members rebuild and retain their financial strength. Contact us at 800-877-7328 for more details, or to apply for assistance.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate offer is subject to change depending on market conditions. Member must contact the Credit Union within the timeframe of the state of emergency. Loans are subject to credit approval. No payments required for the first 90 days of the loan. Payment example: payments on $10,000 with a 36-month term at 4.00% APR would be approximately $298.00 (example excludes credit insurance). Limit up to $10,000 per individual member. USPS FCU reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.
1 Payment extensions can be arranged on existing USPS FCU consumer loans and credit cards. USPS FCU Mortgage loan payments can be extended, but the escrow payments have to remain up to date on real estate taxes and insurance. Interest will continue to accrue. All loan payments must be current in order to qualify for extensions. An extension agreement must be signed, returned, and approved by USPS FCU. Payments made prior to an approved extension will not be reversed. Deferment of loan payments that carry monthly credit insurance premiums may affect your claim benefits. Payments that were previously skipped on a loan with credit insurance may also affect your claim benefits. Contact the Credit Union for further details regarding loans with insurance. USPS FCU reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.
2IRA certificates will be assessed an IRS early withdrawal penalty if under the age of 59 1/2. Please consult with your tax advisor.
3Shared Branching and Foreign ATM transaction fees will be waived for all members during the state of emergency. Fees will resume after the state of emergency has been terminated or amended.