Online Banking & BillPayer
CU E-LINK is our online Home Banking service.
Our home banking system offers the features:
- Pay bills with BillPayer
- Deposit checks through our e-Deposit feature
- View account balances, history & check images
- View account hold information
- Transfer funds
- Request a check withdrawal
- View tax information & view or modify payroll deduction distributions
- Set up e-Lert Notifications
- Obtain statements
- E-mail messages to USPS FCU
- View multiple accounts with one log-in
Enroll in CU E-LINK or BillPayer. YOU MUST ENROLL FIRST TO BEGIN USING CU E-LINK.
BillPayer Service. Talk about convenient money management services!
BillPayer is a FREE service to all CU E-LINK users.
Use the BillPayer service through CU E-LINK to pay bills on time each month. Use it to pay those bills that have set amounts and due dates or those for which you can set the date and amounts. With CU E-LINK and BillPayer, you will save valuable time and money on gas and late charges.
BillPayer -— another way USPS FCU helps you manage your finances for the way you live today.
Contact the Credit Union to be set up for BillPayer or for more information. To use BillPayer for the first time, log-in to CU E-LINK and select the BillPayer option. From there you can begin to set-up your list of payees. For additional set-up instructions, click on the HELP link.
If you have questions about BillPayer after you have signed up for the service, please call 855-821-8186 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. ET, 7 days a week. .
Email Notifications (e-Lerts)
E-Lerts are e-mail messages that are triggered by an event or condition that occurs on your account. As a member you will need to subscribe to any available e-Lert and enter in the specific details each individual subscription requests. Then, an e-Lert message will be received only if the conditions specified are met.
For example, to receive an e-Lert when a share balance reaches a certain minimum, you would enter an account number and the dollar value that will initiate the e-Lert message. If the account balance stays above the specified minimum, you will never receive that particular e-Lert.
Some of the e-Lerts we currently have available are:
- Check number range cleared
- Share balance below a value
- Share deposit above a value
- Share withdrawal above a value
- Loan Payment past due
Help yourself make it simple to stay on top of your finances the next time you log into CU E-LINK Online Banking. Follow these easy steps once you’re logged in to your account.
- Click on the “Access Accounts” tab
- Click on “e-Mail Notification” from the drop-down menu
- Click to Enroll, then choose Statement Delivery Service option
- Choose either “HTML” or “No HTML”
- Agree to Disclosure, then click “Next” once you review the automated notifications that has been pre-selected for you, then click “Finish”
- Click on “Manage e-Mail Notification and add e-Lerts”
- Select “e-Lerts Options” and click Continue
- Click “Add e-Lert”
Forget about paper shuffling, lost statements and headaches. Members that use CU E-LINK are able to view their monthly and quarterly statements online. Just log-in to CU E-LINK and follow the e-Documents link to your eStatement.
Use CU E-LINK to transfer funds between accounts. Use the Inter-Account Transfer Form to set-up accounts to which you would like to transfer funds.
Read or print the CU E-LINK Disclosure.